3 Ways to Stay Motivated & Low Carb Tomato ‘Bruschetta’ Recipe!
Did you have a great Thanksgiving? I trave LA visiting family, and we had a fun-filled visit. I also hosted a FREE Fit Camp that was a 60-minute long class full of bodyweight exercises that made your legs scream and your heart rate soar. Based on feedback, mission accomplished! (And I was really sore the next day just from demo-ing the fiery moves!) With over a dozen participants, both new and old faces (and IgniteGirls+ members!!) everyone did a great job and I look forward to hosting more events with any upcoming travels. Where do you think I should host one next?! Here are some pictures that you girls (and my hubby) took! Can you spot my bump? 😉
The adorable Bottles & Burps and IgniteDude onesies for Baby Ford from IgniteGirls+ member Tanya. Plus, a super posh bib from Harrod’s and a onesie with tie included! Thank you for the thoughtful gift, Tanya!
Now how about a little inspiration and holiday accountability?
I have a few things up my sleeve that can help keep us all on track during this festive, but hectic, time of year:
- Project #ShowMeYourCart
Being part of an online community and program, means that we have just a few ways we can communicate, and social media is a great way to connect! And I, along with the IgniteGirls community, want to see what’s in your cart!! Pictured above, is MY cart that I posted on Instagram earlier this week. So, next time YOU go to the grocery store, snap a pic of your cart and hashtag #ignitegirls!
- The Healthy Holidays Guide2Survive
In your 16-page Healthy Holidays Guide2Survive my motivation in writing this ebook, was to keep you inspired and educated. In this guide, I also share my advice about holiday treats, survival strategies and I even equip you with a mini detox plan so you can get right back on track! Learn how to make recipes like Asparagus Fries, Mashed Parsnipatoes and Apple Cinnamon Wontons. Get your copy now!!The Healthy Holidays Guide2Survive also comes with:
• 16 easy, IgniteGirls®-approved recipes
• 7-day post-holiday mini detox
• 25 healthy holiday dish substitutions
• Surprising survival strategies
• Your Candy Cane BONUS workout!
• …and more to keep you motivated and focused through the holidays!
- The 12 Days of Fitness Challenge (#12dof)
This workout challenge starts on Friday, December 13th and goes through Tuesday, December 24th! Everyday your workout gets a little longer. Use these printable workouts in conjunction with your December Healthy Holidays Calendar to see what other homework I assigned you!!
Low Carb Tomato ‘Bruschetta’ Recipe
- 4 large organic tomatoes, cut into slices
- 2 small organic tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs (I bought Ian’s)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- small handful of fresh basil, chopped
- pinch of coarse salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the gluten-free bread crumbs, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese together. In a separate bowl, toss the garlic, diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese together.
3. Place the sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Top with diced tomato mixture, followed by bread crumb mixture and basil. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Makes about two dozen Tomato Bruschetta slices.
Whew! That’s a lot of motivation right there! No excuses, IgniteGirls. Let’s get busy sparking that inner athlete! I can’t wait to hear from you online.
~ Coach Keri