Espresso Truffles recipe
by Laura Marquis
Laura Marquis, owner of Naturally Healthy Desserts, is on a mission to revolutionize desserts and she’s sharing these incredible espresso truffles with us! She says, this is “the perfect treat to complement a cup of coffee for breakfast or to satisfy your sweet tooth at the end of a long day!”
Prep Time: 15 mins
Freeze Time: 4 hours
Truffle Base Ingredients
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoons organic ground coffee
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons cold brew coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe medium avocado
Truffle Base Directions
- Process all dry ingredients together until flour-like in consistency in the food processor.
- Add pitted dates and process until the mixture is an even, crumbly consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the dough turns into ball.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, place on plate and put into the refrigerator while making the chocolate coating.
♥ For the chocolate coating ingredients and directions,
Laura is a small town Vermont girl who grew up playing in the kitchen with her mom and sisters and she also owns a fitness studio in San Diego, California. What started as a love of baking and a passion for health and fitness turned into a personal challenge – to merge her love for making sweet treats and living a naturally healthy lifestyle into one world. Follow her on the #NATURALLYHEALTHY Dessert Revolution! You might also recognize Laura from her Tedx Talk: “Confessions of a Sugar Addict in a Sugar-Laden World”