Fit Girls Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
Fit Girls Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes recipe
by Laura Marquis
Laura Marquis, owner of Naturally Healthy Desserts, is on a mission to revolutionize desserts and she made this healthy, fit girls cupcake recipe especially for IgniteGirls. Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate?
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes
Makes 24 cupcakes.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour (blanched)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 avocado (ripe)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups warm water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients together until well blended in medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix for 2 minutes.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill molds until 3/4 full.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 medjool dates
- dash of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean powered
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth
- Frost cooled cupcakes
- Sprinkle with cacao powder
Laura is a small town Vermont girl who grew up playing in the kitchen with her mom and sisters and she also owns a fitness studio in San Diego, California. What started as a love of baking and a passion for health and fitness turned into a personal challenge – to merge her love for making sweet treats and living a naturally healthy lifestyle into one world. Follow her on the #NATURALLYHEALTHY Dessert Revolution! You might also recognize Laura from her Tedx Talk: “Confessions of a Sugar Addict in a Sugar-Laden World”