Low-Carb Chocolate Muffins!
- 2 servings vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1c diced apple (or substitute the apple with zucchini or pear!)
- 1/2c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4c egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cooking spray
For a light frosting:
- 1 1/2c fat free Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tbsp sugar-free vanilla or chocolate pudding mix
Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together applesauce, egg whites & vanilla extract. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Fold in diced apple. Spoon into coated muffin tins and bake at 350ºF for about 40 minutes. Cool and frost. Makes 6 muffins.