NEW thigh workout (plus reasons I hate working out at home)
As you know from following my Instagram and Facebook posts, my gym is currently undergoing some improvement renovations so the kid’s center is closed all week. Lucky me though, because I am also part of another gym (I am an instructor there), but they have no kid’s center.
So, I had a few options this week:
- don’t workout (except for my weekly spin class that I teach)
- workout at home
- get up early and go to the gym without the kid’s center
Not working out all week was not an option. I feel like a lethargic, depressed sloth when I don’t workout, and if you haven’t gathered it already, that’s not a good thing. I’m still working on getting into a “regular” routine after having Peyton 6 months ago (whatever “regular” means though after a baby, I’m not sure). I know I’ve been going to the gym about 3 times per week on average, but I haven’t been doing anything progressive. I’m doing the best I can, with the time I have, at that given moment. (And that’s really all you can do sometimes, but I’m also looking to kick the intensity up a notch.)
I am NOT a home worker-outer. Here are my excuses/reasons why:
- I live at home, I work at home, I don’t need to workout here too.
- I don’t have the right equipment for the workouts I enjoy doing – mainly, heavy lifting using cables, machines and barbells.
- Listening to loud music is motivating, but I can’t do that at home where I am responsible for watching Peyton at the same time and need to listen for him crying.
- Once I walk through the gym doors, it’s like, “Yes. It’s GAME TIME.”
- I feed off the energy from others at the gym.
So what did I end up doing? I got up early and I was at the gym by 6:15am! It felt great to finish my workout before my day had begun and hubby held down the fort while I was gone. #sweatyselfie!
What about you? Are you a gym goer or a home worker-outer? Either way, you can try this Inner & Outer Thigh workout I designed for you. It specifically targets the muscles that run down the sides of the legs, the Adductors and the Abductors. (Yup, like those awkward spread eagle machines at the gym.) (Also, I don’t do those machines. They’re weird.)
(It’s free. And you can print it, pin it or save it for later on your phone.)
Have a great workout Wednesday. The best workout, is the one you do,
Become an IgniteGirls+ Member for just $9! See what it includes below:
Sign up to receive your FREE IgniteGirls 7-Day Detox Plan, plus receive discounts and other goodies!