The 3rd annual Sugar Momma Challenge registration – OFFICIALLY OPEN!
Are you ready for our next challenge? We are! This is our THIRD annual Sugar Momma Challenge! A few years ago, I started this challenge within our group of members as a way to educate them on reading labels, to show them how to identify hidden sugars and to re-motivate them as the Summer came to a close.
A few of our previous winners include IgniteGirl Holly, who lost a total of 16.5″ and 12 pounds off her body, over a 19 week period that included the 30-day Sugar Momma Challenge. These pictures show her progression. You can also see the changes in her body from week 15 through week 19 specifically from completing the SMC!
Another one of our winners, IgniteGirl Melia, lost 11 pounds and 5″ during the SMC, which made her total weight loss 21 pounds since she was also a member of IgniteGirls+.
And this is one of our other winners that we featured in a previous Motivation Monday post, IgniteGirl Emily T.! Check out these awesome results. Emily also told us that this jump-started her entire fitness journey and she kept going even after the challenge, reaching her pre-pregnancy weight! Her next goal? A six pack.
So what is the Sugar Momma Challenge?
You will go sugar-free for 30 days. (Um, what?!) Yes, SUGAR-FREE! You can do 30 days of anything! And when you sign up for this free challenge, you will receive sugar-free recipes, an accountability calendar that you can download and print to help you every single day and motivation to get you through these upcoming 30 days.
Foods to avoid:
- white, brown or raw sugar
- artificial sweeteners
- maple syrup
- corn syrup
- packaged foods with added sugar
- ice cream
- non-Stevia protein powders
Sugar Momma Approved:
- fruit (berries are the best choice, but any fruit is approved!)
- organic, lean proteins (like chicken breast, lean ground beef and eggs)
- green veggies (like asparagus, mixed greens, broccoli and spinach) Starchy veggies (like sweet potatoes and pumpkin)
- some dairy (like greek yogurt and cottage cheese)
- good fats (like raw nuts, virgin coconut oil and olive oil)
- Stevia sweetener (drop form recommended, but Truvia is acceptable)
The Official Challenge Rules
The Sugar Momma Challenge starts September 1, 2014 at 12am EST and ends September 30, 2014 at 11:59pm EST! Three grand prize winners will be selected and announced in October. Official entry requires the following if you would like to be eligible to win one of our three grand prizes:
- Registration through our site.
- before pictures, with weight and measurements. (instructions in your registration confirmation email)
- after pictures, with updated weight and measurements. (due by September 30, 2014 at 11:59pm EST)
All grand prize winners must be residents of the US and at least 18 years of age. By submitting images to IgniteGirls Fitness, you hereby grant permission to IgniteGirls and all affiliates royalty-free right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, display, post, and otherwise make use of the submitted imagery or other information in any and all media.
So, are you excited? Time is ticking, so make sure you sign up ASAP!! You can also follow our Sugar Momma Challenge Pinterest board for inspiration, recipe ideas and motivational quotes to get you through those tough days. Let me know how I can help you along the way! My goal is to give you the best support possible.
~ Coach Keri