The Pavement & Pearls™ 5k & Girl Scout Cookie Protein Smoothie recipe
It has been FAR too long since my last post – where do I begin?
I’ve been busy planning and designing the THIRD annual Pavement & Pearls™ 5k training and updating the IgniteGirls+ members’ exercise glossary. If you’ve participated in our previous P&P5ks, then you know what’s up. If you haven’t, then you are totally missing out!! This FREE 8-week training program will get you 5k ready. Since we all run the race at exactly the same time, from wherever YOU are currently located, there are no registration fees or travel costs. We get to just focus on setting a goal and completing it together. So if you didn’t register yet, make sure you hurry and sign up. This is the LAST CALL before registration officially closes. I don’t want you to miss out on the weekly training or other goodies I have for you!
And speaking of announcements…
we are over-the-moon to be partnering exclusively with Fashletics as the official sponsor of the P&P5k!
Not only will Fashletics be providing a limited edition necklace and earring set to 5 lucky winners of the P&P5k, but they are also offering an amazing 15% off discount when you use code “IGNITEGIRLS” at check out. Code expires 5/30/15. AND you can also win The IgniteGirls Life eBook and a BareBelle® Fit Balm!
Here is how you can win a Fashletics necklace and earring set:
- Follow IgniteGirls Fitness and Fashletics on Instagram.
Click here to follow:
- Register for the Pavement & Pearls™ 5k program.
- Complete the P&P5k on race day, and then post a pic on Instagram! Use hashtag #pavementandpearls (Note: we can’t see your beautiful race day pics if your settings are private!)
I will select 5 winners based on the criteria above and announce 6/1/15. Winners must live in the USA.
Try my Trefoil-inspired Girl Scout Cookie Protein Smoothie Recipe post-run! The higher sugar in the banana is a great treat for after a workout, and helps your body absorb the fast-metabolizing protein powder.
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (whey isolate is best)
- 4-5 simple truth organic animal crackers
- 2 tbsp sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 4-6 ounces unsweetened almond milk or organic skim milk
- ice for desired thickness
- optional: add 1 tsp melted organic, grass-fed butter
Add all ingredients to a blender, milk first, then puree until smooth.
Other Girl Scout Cookie-inspired smoothies
Here is a fun recipe from our friends over at Running in Pink for you Thin Mint fans, as pictured in the blog post feature!
If you want to start training with me to lose weight and join over 40+ other members, check out the IgniteGirls+ training program. Only 4 workouts per week! I’ll tell you exactly what to do in the gym.